Students for more than 90 days
Application for a student visa has to be submitted personally at the Visa Section, Embassy of Switzerland, Chandragupta Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110 021. In order to schedule an appointment with the Embassy, please visit the following link and book an appointment online.
Please click here to book an appointment for Embassy of Switzerland New Delhi.
Visa Global Fee Change:
|Category||Visa Fee in INR||Visa Fee in Euro|
- All Visa fee and Service charges are payable only in cash.
Note: Each case is reviewed separately at the time of application, and no guarantee can be given that a visa will be issued. In any case, the Visa Fees will not be refunded.
VFS Global Service Charges
Applicants shall be levied a service charge of INR 1533/-(All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) and convenience fees of INR 150 payable for provision of multiple mode of payment.
- The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- The optional courier facility is available at INR 450/- (All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%) per application.
- All fees are non-refundable.
|For documents required in order to submit a student application for more than 90 days click here.|
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide two recent passport size pictures, not older than 6 months (size 35 – 40 mm in width, no copy or scanned picture). The photographs should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
For more details, please refer to: http://www.icao.int/Security/mrtd/Downloads/Technical%20Reports/Annex_A-Photograph_Guidelines.pdf
Note : Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. Photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre.
The decision is taken by the competent cantonal migration authority in Switzerland and takes 8-12 weeks.
Applicants who wish to obtain a Switzerland visa application form, can download the requisite form here.
Please note the instructions mentioned below while taking the printout.
Download Visa Applications Forms
|New Visa Application Form Visa C|
|National (type D) visa application form For long-term stays (more than three months) in Switzerland subject to authorization (e.g.. gainful employment, family reunification)|
- Number of pages: 4
- You can also obtain this form from the visa application centre.
It is mandatory to be filled by all applicants along with the application form.
To download a form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.