This visa is for applicants who intend to travel to Switzerland for holiday and recreation purposes.
Persons subject to visa requirements
For the list of nationalities subject to a visa obligation may be consulted on the website of the Federal Office for Migration FOM Click here
For the list of countries whose nationals or specific categories of such third country nationals who are subject to prior consultation Click here
Validity of the visa
Citizens of non-Schengen countries, regardless of their visa obligation status, might enter and remain within the Schengen Area without a residence permit for up to 90 days per 180-day period starting from the date of first entry. For multiple entries/departures to and from the Schengen area (including Switzerland) it is recommended to consult the short-stay calculator.
Validity of travel document
Regardless of whether you require a visa, you must be in possession of a valid travel document recognised by the Swiss authorities.
The travel document must be valid for at least 3 months after the date on which you plan to leave Switzerland and must have been issued within the last 10 years.
The passport must be valid and have at least two blank pages.
The insurance should clearly mention the validity of coverage, the geographical scope (Schengen or Worldwide) of coverage and the amount (minimum of 30,000 EUR) it covers for the visa applicant. Insurance cards without these details will not be accepted.
No Objection Letter -
The No Objection Letter must be in original with original signature and stamp.
For minors applying with only one of the parents, a written consent of the other parent along with his/her passport and residence visa copy is also required. If none of the parents are applying, a written consent from both parents along with passport and residence visa copy is required.
Please note that all decisions regarding the issuance, the duration and number of entries for a visa are at the sole prerogative of the Embassy.
The acceptance of a visa application and documents by VFS Global does not guarantee the issuance of a visa. In case of incomplete documentation or application, the Embassy reserves the right to request for more documents or process with the insufficiency or return the application without processing.
For Spouse of EU Nationals, only the following documents are required:
- Original and a copy of the Marriage Certificate attested by MOFA and spouse’s passport copy
- Completely filled and signed Application Form
- Original Passport and copies of passport and UAE residence visa of the applicant
- 2 coloured passport size photos in white background
Traveling to Multiple destinations outside Schengen area - Applicants intending to travel to any country with an onward journey from/to Switzerland, should ensure that they have the necessary entry-visas for that destination when applying for their Switzerland Visa.
|Tourist||AED 335||For each application|
|Business||AED 335||For each application|
|Visitor Visa||AED 335||For each application|
|Children between 6 – 12 years||AED 170||For each application|
|Children below 6 years
||Free of Charge
||Free of Charge
- The applicable visa fee in AED is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice due to sudden foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Applicant shall be charged a service charge of AED 96.48 per application in addition to the visa fees.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Please provide two recent coloured photographs (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be:
- Taken against a plain light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and have contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. A photo booth is available at the centre to help you click photographs meeting these requirements.
The processing time for the application at the Embassy of Switzerland takes in general 14 working days.
Please be advised that due to the above mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences.